The Colostomy Association tirelessly campaigns to improve the lives of 120,000 people in the UK living with a stoma. As the UK's largest stoma charity, we strive to be a voice for the ostomy community and will champion the rights of people living with a stoma to receive proper care, facilities and treatment.
With the assistance of our 23,000 supporters across the country we are able to affect change both locally and nationally and achieve our mission of enabling everyone affected by stoma surgery to live life to their full potential.
The Colostomy Association is currently campaigning to ensure that facilities across the UK meet the needs of people living with a stoma. Our work on creating a stoma-friendly society includes:
- Working with businesses, public bodies and policymakers to improve toilet facilities for people living with a stoma. View our guidelines here.
- Raising public awareness of the stigma many ostomates face when using accessible toilets.
- Educating airport staff on the issues and challenges ostomates face at airport security.
- Supporting local and national initiatives to improve facilities for people with a stoma.
See our campaign news section for updates
Our aim is to change public perceptions of what it means to live with a stoma. We fight the poo taboo by:
- Leading an annual Colostomy Day to raise awareness of issues
- Promoting positive and powerful stories of people living with a stoma
- Challenging public misconceptions of what it means to live with a colostomy.
- Encouraging brave voices in the ostomy community to share their stories.
Thousands of ostomates across the world are unable to access or afford basic stoma supplies. We will help give these people a bag of life by:
- Collating unused supplies from the UK and shipping them to ostomates in need across the world.
- Raising public awareness of the disparity in stoma care between the UK and developing countries.
- Empowering ostomates across the world to live a full and active life.
Whether you're a Colostomy Association supporter or someone who wants to help improve the lives of thousands of ostomates across the UK - you can get involved in our campaigns above.
Please get in touch to find out how you can help create a world where everyone with a stoma is able to live a full and active life.
Website designer in Berkshire & Web application development in Berkshire